- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- juice of 1/2 to 3/4 of a lemon
- large handful mint leaves, chiffonaded
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pecans, coarse chopped
- 3-4 large cloves garlic, minced
- half cup or so unsalted chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp EV olive oil or coconut oil or butter or lard or (more specifically) bacon fat. Each creates slightly different flavor profile.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat fat in large skillet. Add squash and saute for a few minutes until it takes on some color.
- Remove squash, add cauliflower and saute until it takes on a little color too.
- Remove cauliflower. Add pecans and toast lightly. Add garlic with a little extra oil and saute until just turning golden.
- Add squash back to pan with a little stock. Salt/ pepper, cover and steam for a couple of minutes. Then add cauliflower and a little more stock, salt/ pepper re-cover and continue to steam until everything is tender to your liking.
- Add mint and lemon juice, more salt/ pepper if necessary. Turn off heat, toss. Eat.